Review of Cut Copy's new album "Haiku From Zero"

Haiku From Zero's album cover
Cut Copy came from Australia with a new album last year (September 2017). This album (Haiku From Zero) is, for me, one of their best ones. Their first album (Bright Like Neon Love) gave them the opportunity to get into the music industry, with hits like "Future" and "Saturday". "In Ghost Colours" followed the band's first album, with two of their biggest hits "Lights and Music" and "Hearts On Fire". After this "Zonoscope" brought another big success for the band, "Need You Now". I always loved Cut Copy since I discovered them. I got them on my ears for the first time when I listened to "Need You Now", in 2014, in the time of "Vodafone Paredes de Coura". I got to listen to this awesome album a few days after the release of it. This album is, as always, known for having synths as one of its main instruments. For me, this album sounds like the 80s. It's so great to listen to bands at the moment trying to bring back the good old times. As it is very common, Cut Copy used a lot the guitars to bring some more action to the songs, beside the synths. I loved the fact that they made songs for every or almost every situation of my everyday-life. I am saying this because, in my point of view, "Stars Me A Lifetime" and "Tied To The Weather" are some of the tracks I listen to when I am facing some bad times and the rest are the tunes that I put in my ears when I am happy or when I need some motivation to raise my head. They have never disappointed me. This album is definitely one of my favorite things recorded in the past year.
Here's their new album for you to enjoy: https://open.spotify.com/album/4VptnMNHBiCaWzeI1E9KDm

Comments

Popular Posts